Friday, September 17, 2010

Good morning Guys,

It was great meeting with you all last night. I wanted to share some PB & J that I had this morning. I was reading in Hebrews 2:18 and 4:15-16 about temptation. These are verses that I know pretty well but it struck me that, while God does not promise to "save" me from temptation, He does promise to sustain me and be with me through the midst of them. The key is, do I invite Him to walk with me or do I try to "white knuckle" it on my own power and then when that fails cry out in desperation for Him to "take it from me". In the second instance, I am totally on defense rather then being offensive with his power on my side. If I use verse 16 and include that in my "offensive playbook" my victory is guaranteed.

"Therefore let us come boldly to the throne of grace, that
we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

As I read this verse and inserted the definition of grace that I read in The Genesis Process ("Grace is seeing and having relationship with a person's heart rather then their behaviors"), I gain power because of who God made me to be (and who He is in me). It helps me not to fear condemnation for my behaviors. I can come boldly without guilt or condemnation. If I can do this on a consistent basis (like everything else it takes practice), I will make progress and have victories in temptations that I haven't had in the past.

Thanks for letting me ramble. It helps me to get it on "paper" even if it is just a bunch of electronic signals flying through the ether of the Internet. I'm praying for you guys and hope you have a great day.

Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment