Monday, January 25, 2010

An Email from a Brother in Recovery

---
Dave,

I'm writing you due to a discovery I've made. It seems that Fridays are my difficult day where I find myself alone with time on my hands. It is at this time where I get ideas in my head to do things I shouldn't. Watching sexually explicit things on TV I shouldn't and in that way abusing my relationships.

It has been said in the 423 Men group that it will take months if not years to see good progress or healing. Whether or not this may or may not be true is not the issue. What I've found out is that I make the excuse of thinking that way and then using it to my advantage to act out sexually. I say "Well, if I'm not going to see any major improvement for a long time, then if I act out now it won't matter."

I'm e-mailing you not only as a confession but also as encouragement to the others in 423 Men. I'm hoping others will read this and see the mistake I've made and not act in the way I have.

Thank you brothers for always being a constant encouragement and upstanding example of love and grace.

"The fear of the Lord leads to life;
Then one rests content, untouched by trouble."

Much love Dave.

- Anonymous

P.S. You are more than welcome to post this on the blog, but please keep my name anonymous. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment